Free Flash Guestbook

Flash-Guestbook.com

The totally and perfectly wonderful Flash Guestbook for Your Website!
Online since June 10th 2006
Home Flash Guestbook Demo Register FAQs Forum What's New? Tell a Friend Contact Us
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Flash-Guestbook version 1 » Help & Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Click to activate and use this control
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:43 am 
Flash-Guestbook Member

Whenever i try to open my page containing the guestbook,a rectangular box surrounding the falsh appears saying"click here to use and activate this control"...how can i fix this????....sorry for my bad english.....reply ASAP...thanx in advance

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Reshadat,

The only way to fix that is to use a browser other than MSIE. That necessary click is due to a law suit Microsoft lost and therefore they implemented a "click to activate" feature within internet explorer for any content on a web page that makes use of ActiveX controls.

Sorry...its not our doing, and there isn't a simple fix yet available.

Post subject: bypass activation in IE
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:13 am 
Flash-Guestbook Member

to bypass the activation thingy I used a script called 'objectSwap.js' I downloaded here:
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/active ... n-issue-ie

the only problem with it is that since it rewrites the code for the flash file(it needs to load dynamically in order to avoid manual activation) the text 'Free Flash Guestbook provided by Flash-Guestbook.com' first appears on top of the page and then kinda jumps under the swf once it is loaded..which is quite ok though as the flash loads really fast.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Paola,

Yes, we know of the writing of the embed code after the page loads using JavaScript and/or AJAX, but for the majority of members getting the embed code in their pages without any problems is challenging enough. To get into using external JavaScript files and placing code into the head of the page, and then providing a DIV with an ID...and so on is much to advanced for the majority of Flash-Guestbook Members.

Our intent with this service is to provide a simple, easy to implement, and customizable guestbook solution, and to attempt to provide a work around for the MSIE ActiveX activation click...is just getting too deep for now.

What would be the easiest for most is if we could simply give all members a PHP include tag to put within their pages...but because not all servers (free hosts or otherwise) have PHP installed we can't go that route either.

People are free to "experiment" if they feel comfortable doing so, but we would rather not try to impose certain tasks upon those who are not so comfortable with actually getting in a messing with the HTML code within their pages.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Flash-Guestbook version 1 » Help & Support