Free Flash Guestbook

Flash-Guestbook.com

The totally and perfectly wonderful Flash Guestbook for Your Website!
Online since June 10th 2006
Home Flash Guestbook Demo Register FAQs Forum What's New? Tell a Friend Contact Us
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Flash-Guestbook version 1 » Help & Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Microsoft FrontPage Users
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

As a web developer, I am quite against the usage of Microsoft FrontPage. Why? Because of the application's tendancy to rewrite HTML code as it sees fit. I completely understand why people use it and try my best to find solutions for those that use it to create their pages. So...without further delay...

If you are using MS FrontPage to create and upload your pages to your webspace, PLEASE!, follow these instructions carefully...

Do not get in a hurry to get your guestbook on the web so you can look at it.

First, and most importantly, create the page that your guestbook will be displayed in completely! This is very important, because there are settings within MS FrontPage which add line breaks, change HTML tags to lower case and/or upper case, and change signs like "&" to HTML encoded characters "&". This is a fatal transition for some the embed code you are to paste within your pages.

After you have created the page for your guestbook, upload it to your site and visit it in your browser. Make sure that the URL in your browser's address bar is identical to that of the "Guestbook Location" field in your Flash-Guestbook admin panel.

If all checks out in the two steps above proceed carefully to the third.

The third is, to make sure the guestbook page is open within MS FrontPage, and then add a few line breaks where you intend to display the guestbook in that page. Now! At the bottom left corner of MS FrontPage, you will see three buttons (tabs). These tabs should be named "Normal", "HTML", and "Preview". You need to click on the "HTML" tab.

You should now see the HTML code that makes up that page. It will probably look something like this :

(of course the editions you made to make it fit your site will be in your page and not in the code below)

Code:
<html>

<head>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>My Guestbook</title>
</head>

<body>

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

</body>

</html>

The part of the code that looks like this:

Code:
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

: is what you want to replace with your embed code. Copy it directly out of your Flash-Guestbook admin panel into the page where those three paragraph tags are and then reupload your page.

Hopefully when you visit the page on your server now your guestbook is displaying correctly...if not...well, let us know and we will see if we can help.

Ryan
Flash-Guestbook Support

Post subject: Can't Back Space
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:30 pm 
Flash-Guestbook Member

:o For some reason I can't back space to correct anything in my guestbook.(meaning when signing it, and want to correct what I am typing or change it.) I was testing it and could not correct anything. What is the matter? Yes I am using Frontpage , is it something in the script that's preventing this?
Dejack

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:54 pm 
Flash-Guestbook Member

:lol: Oh, I am sorry. When I put it in the web Brower...it worked! LOL
Thanks anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Flash-Guestbook version 1 » Help & Support